Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hi and Welcome!

Hello and thank you for visiting my blog. I started this blog on a suggestion from my cousin Jamie, she felt that I had a lot of funny and/or interesting musings on pop culture and entertainment and thought I should share them with the world; or at least more people than just our immediate family. As it turns out I do have a lot to say about entertainment today so for that--Thank you Jamie!!!

Things you will read in my blog:

I will review movies that I have currently watched, either in the theater or at home from Netflix (those of you movie lovers that do not currently subscribe to Netflix, I suggest you do so. It is much cheaper than renting movies or using Pay-per-view). My reviews will not contain any spoilers (spoilers are kind of a pet peeve).

I will review some TV shows that I am currently watching and will take suggestions from you on what you think I should be watching.

Although I love books I have a young son and a full-time job that take up all of my time. I will review anything I get a chance to read.

As for music, I have found that since moving from California to Colorado three years ago my musical edge and exposure to new music has dulled. The "cool" stations are, in my opinion, sparse. When I first moved here they were playing Tone Loc's "Wild Thing" like it had just been released if that gives you any indication of what I am dealing with here. If not for my IPOD and XM radio from Directv I would be in a musical no man's land. I will be reviewing new stuff I am listening to and concerts that I attend. Concerts are, to me, the best way to appreciate musicians. Note to my readers: I will not attend any concerts where there is lip-synching. That, to me, is not acceptable.

I will also do my best to give you "essential" lists. Movies, shows, music that you HAVE to experience before you leave this world.

Things I will NOT cover:

Anything involving Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, "Jon & Kate Plus Eight", and "The Hills" or any spin-off of "The Hills", and most reality shows on E! (except "Keeping Up With The Kardashians"--love that crazy family). These people and shows represent a decline in western civilization. My disdain for these shows is palpable.


This is new to me so I may change things up as I go along. I do hope you enjoy this blog and I thank you for giving me an outlet for my obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment