Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Claud's Picks: Fall Movie Preview Part Deux


I am back with the second part of my fall movie recommendations, sorry for the delay. I have already crossed one film "Extract" off my list and will be reviewing it soon. I must also apologize for not including one film on my last list under comedies--The Men Who Stare at Goats. This film starts on 11/6 and stars George Clooney, Ewan McGregor, Jeff Bridges, and Kevin Spacey. It is about a military group that attempts to train and use telepathy in military situations. Claud's take: This looks like a Cohen-esque film, which is my kind of comedy. The cast is impressive and I have high hopes for quirky stuff.


Now that I got that off my chest, let's continue with the list.


Family Films

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs-9/18: voices of Bill Hader and Anna Faris. Claud's take: A film based on a children's book where Bill Hader's character invents a machine that transforms water into food. My son and I are looking forward to this one. It seems silly and fun. My "trio" gave it a thumbs up!!

Toy Story & Toy Story 2 (both in 3-D)-10/2: Claud's take: I really don't have to tell you whose voices are featured in these films. Pixar and Disney have decided to rerelease these films in 3-D. The whole 3-D thing really doesn't enhance the movie going experience for me, not my bag, but it seems like 3-D is the "big thing" this year. I will probably take my son just so he can watch them on the big screen.

Where the Wild Things Are-10/16: stars Catherine Keener and Mark Ruffalo. Claud's take: Based on the beloved children's book by Maurice Sendak, director Spike Jonze brings the wild things to life. My son loves the book, as do I, and he makes me play the trailer for him over and over. If you have not seen the trailer yet, please watch it. Q and I will definitely be at the theater on opening weekend.

A Christmas Carol- 11/6: stars Jim Carrey. Claud's take: Director Robert Zemekis brings us another adaptation of the classic Christmas tale using the same animation he used on The Polar Express and this time he recruited Jim Carrey to bring Scrooge to the big screen.

The Princess & the Frog-11/25 voices of Anika Noni Rose, Terence Howard Claud's take: Disney's first African American princess. FINALLY! Based on the Grimm Fairy tale "The Frog Prince" Disney is taking a chance and giving us a traditional animated film. Little girls everywhere will be asking for a new princess this holiday season.
Horror/Suspense (Horror is NOT my thing so I am just listing all the movies that are being released this fall in this genre :))

Jennifer's Body-9/18:

Zombieland- 10/9:

The Stepfather-10/16

Saw VI-10/23


I want to try and get back to my reviews being posted at least once a week. Will do my best to keep up with my expectations :)

No comments:

Post a Comment